Monday 16 January 2012

Days 5,6, & 7 - 14th to 16th January 2012

I haven’t posted for a few days, basically because I didn’t find any time! However, now that I’m past the first week of the new lifestyle it’s probably sufficient to only post every few days in order to keep momentum.

Tomorrow is the day of the week when I check my weight. Also, I did a few body measurements at the weekend so I shall be monitoring and reporting on progress in that area too. When I have something to report it will be in a section called WEIGHTS & MEASURES. I actually do have something to report in this post, and it concerns my archive weight/bmi in Wii Fit !

WEIGHTS & MEASURES
We got a Wii Fit about 3 years ago, and as with many of these things it was used enthusiastically for a wee (Wii) while.  I haven’t touched it for years, although the kids still use it on occasion. This Sunday I went back on it to check the difference between my current weight and that from nearly 900 days ago! Interestingly I was 7lb lighter than I was then. This doesn’t surprise me too much, because I have been well over 16st a few times over the years.  I’ll now be using the Wii every couple of weeks as another way of tracking progress.

Regarding the 7lb weight loss, I informed Erle of this today and he asked ‘is it due to loss of fat or los of muscle’? Good question! I have absolutely no idea! Maybe a mixture of both.

FOOD
First things first. Chick Peas are 27% carbohydrate , so they are, sadly, off the menu.  
As I’m moving to a post every few days this section will now be structured on four topics.
1.       A review of anything new I’ve tried that is ‘in scope’.
2.       Passing on recommendations from others. (Do’s and Don’ts)
3.       Stories of me straying from the true path (and seeking forgiveness!)
4.       Questions that I haven’t been able to get an answer to.

I should hopefully have plenty of new material for each new post.

As regards my food intake in the past few days I have been a very good boy! I even took some sliced red peppers and broccoli to the IMAX for Mission Impossible!  My only faux pas was having a Bovril at the football. I assumed that this would be fairly safe. Wrong!! Full of potato starch, as I found out when I actually checked.

Finally a mention for Susan, who has sent me some delicious looking soup recipes. I’ll be trying out one of theme as soon as I get back home to my kitchen!

EXERCISE
Apart from running up and down to the car with a few bags for recycling, I had no meaningful exercise over the weekend. The 6km walk I had planned didn’t happen due to other events (dear boy, events). The lesson here is that my weekend planning needs to be much better. At least one weekend day should contain a long walk in it. Will also be trying to get swimming on the agenda as this can be a family inclusive venture!
So, after that weekend it was good to get back into the gym this evening. Did some fast walking , some weights and also tried the cross trainer. This was the first time I had been on this device and it took a bit of getting used to! Once I got some limb coordination going it I found it quite good, and it provides a bit of variety.
I also booked in to see one of the trainers for an hour so that he can help me put a programme together. The particular guy I want to see is only available on Saturday at 9am though, so it’s going to be a quiet Friday night for me.  At 11.15am on the same day I have enrolled in an introduction to cross training. As I get these sessions for free I thought I should start attending some when I can. I get the impression that cross training is a milder version of Jane’s recommended ‘boot camp’ events! We’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment